2022-2023 Basic and Clinical Science Course Complete Set Original PDF (13 PDFs)
Focus on what matters. The Academy’s 2022-2023 Basic and Clinical Science Course™ is ophthalmology’s definitive source of clinical information. 100+ expert ophthalmologists meticulously assess the most vital information for the BCSC® each year to help you make the right decisions.
Practicing ophthalmologists and residents worldwide use the BCSC to ensure the highest-quality patient care. Each of the 13 sections includes up-to-date clinical knowledge, interactive activities, concise videos and tables, photos and illustrations, self-assessment questions with answers, plus opportunities for earning AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Beginning with the 2013–2014 edition, the Academy and the European Board of Ophthalmology (EBO) have partnered to make the BCSC the standard text for all European ophthalmology training programs. The EBO now recommends the BCSC as the primary educational resource for European trainees and ophthalmologists studying for the annual EBO Diploma Exam.
The BCSC Complete Set includes:
- Section 1: Update on General Medicine
- Section 2: Fundamentals and Principles of Ophthalmology
- Section 3: Clinical Optics and Vision Rehabilitation–Major revision
- Section 4: Ophthalmic Pathology and Intraocular Tumors
- Section 5: Neuro-Ophthalmology
- Section 6: Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus–Major revision
- Section 7: Oculofacial Plastic and Orbital Surgery
- Section 8: External Disease and Cornea
- Section 9: Uveitis and Ocular Inflammation
- Section 10: Glaucoma
- Section 11: Lens and Cataract
- Section 12: Retina and Vitreous–Major revision
- Section 13: Refractive Surgery
The BCSC Complete Set is available in print or eBook format.
Each BCSC section includes its own comprehensive index. Additionally, the eBook version of the BCSC allows you to search by keyword or topic. The Academy no longer produces a Master Index.