Diagnostic Pathology: Gastrointestinal, 3rd Edition (Original PDF)
Covering all aspects of gastrointestinal pathology, this award-winning volume in the Diagnostic Pathology series is an excellent point-of-care resource for pathologists at all levels of experience and training―both as a quick reference and as an efficient review to improve knowledge and skills. This updated third edition is an easy-to-use, one-stop reference for the entire GI system, offering a templated, highly formatted design; concise, bulleted text; and superior color images throughout, enabling you to arrive at the correct diagnosis and prepare actionable, useful reports.
- Provides comprehensive coverage with the necessary tools to make a comprehensive diagnostic workup
- Incorporates significant changes in the AJCC cancer staging of gastrointestinal tumors
- Provides details on PD-L1 (immune checkpoint inhibitor) therapy, new types of colitis, and molecular biology of GI tract tumors as it relates to precision medicine and targeted therapy
- Discusses timely topics such as GAPP, a newly described form of gastric polyposis that leads to cancer; the increasing complexity of large B-cell lymphomas and which immunostains and molecular tests to order for proper classification and therapy; Immune Modulator therapy effect, which can closely mimic IBD; and newly described polyposis syndromes, such as mixed and serrated polyposis
- Features more than 2,500 annotated images throughout, including gross pathology, a wide range of stains, and detailed medical illustrations, depicting virtually any GI specimen you’re likely to see
- 2015 BMA Medical Book Awards 1st Prize Award Winner in Pathology Category (previous edition)