Emans, Laufer, Goldstein’s Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, 7th Edition
Offering multidisciplinary guidance to all health care practitioners who provide clinical care for children and adolescents, the 7th Edition of Emans, Laufer, Goldstein’s Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology has been extensively revised to keep you up to date in this complex field. You’ll find comprehensive coverage of the full spectrum of medical and surgical approaches to common and uncommon problems – everything from infants with vulvar rashes, to the child with early or late onset of puberty, to adolescents and young adults with ovarian cysts or STDs. More than 40 experts in the field, led by editors from Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, have contributed to ensure this classic text remains relevant and useful in daily practice.
- Completely revised and reorganized to include 19 new chapters, including all-new content on working with LGBTQ teens; transgender adolescents undergoing surgical/hormonal transition; gynecologic cancers; abuse, violence, and human trafficking; caring for athletes; bone health; gastrointestinal issues; surgical techniques, vaginoscopy, and laparoscopy, as well as new videos on surgical procedures.
- Logically organized, beginning with history and physical examination and the physiology of puberty, followed by medical and surgical approaches to common issues seen in practice.
- More than 700 full-color images and 100 case examples throughout, as well as full references for assistance with further reading or research.
- Recommended by the North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Guidelines for the short and long pediatric and adolescent gynecology resident core curriculum.
- Ideal for pediatricians, gynecologists, emergency medicine specialists, reproductive endocrinologists, adolescent medicine specialists, family medicine practitioners, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, residents, and fellows.