Neglected Tropical Diseases and Phytochemicals in Drug Discovery (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Muhammad Akram, Jonathan Chinenye Ifemeje, Chukwuebuka Egbuna
Explore novel drug discovery updates from medicinal plants to help fight the devastating effects of neglected tropical diseases
Neglected Tropical Diseases and Phytochemicals in Drug Discovery delivers a comprehensive exploration of the drug discovery process as it pertains to neglected tropical diseases. The book covers recent advancements in drug discovery, as well as druggable targets and new challenges facing the industry. It offers readers expansive discussions of specific diseases, including protozoan, helminth, bacterial, viral, fungal, and ectoparasitic infections.
This book provides readers with insightful perspectives from leading industry voices on fifty years of trends and progress in the search for new, safe, and affordable therapeutic drugs in the fight against neglected tropical diseases. It includes information beneficial to researchers in a variety of fields of biology, chemistry, medicine, and pharmaceuticals.
The distinguished authors cover topics including the effects of phytochemicals on the causative agent of leprosy and the potential applicability of phytochemicals in the management of Dengue fever. Readers will also enjoy the inclusion of:
- Thorough introductions to neglected tropical diseases, phytochemicals, protein targets, and mechanisms in drug discovery, as well as the epidemiology of neglected tropical diseases
- An exploration of novel bioactive lead compounds for drug discovery against neglected tropical diseases, leishmaniasis, lymphatic filariasis, trypanosomiasis, and schistosomiasis
- Discussions of protozoan infections, including herbal, nutritional, and traditional remedies for giardiasis and the anti-leishmanial potentials of phytochemicals
- Examinations of helminth infections, including the prospects of phytochemicals in the treatment of helminthiasis
Perfect for medicinal chemists, drug developers, and research and development scientists, Neglected Tropical Diseases and Phytochemicals in Drug Discovery will also earn a place in the libraries of toxicologists and researchers in biology, chemistry, medicinal chemistry, ethnobotany, and bioinformatics seeking a one-stop resource for drug discovery for neglected tropical diseases.
- Publisher : Wiley; 1st edition (December 21, 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 624 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119616603
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119616603
- ISBN-13 : 9781119616603
- eText ISBN: 9781119617112