Pediatric Psychopharmacology for Primary Care, 3rd Edition 2021 Original pdf
The revised and updated third edition of this best-selling resource provides primary care physicians with practice-tested, condition-specific treatment recommendations for various mental and psychiatric disorders or behavioral problems in children and adolescents.
Obtain clear guidance on dosing, monitoring, and potential adverse reactions of psychotropic medications. Ease medication decision-making with a clear, straightforward methodology based on current research and clinical experience. This simple, systematic approach defines discrete levels of psychotropics and describes their group-specific roles and responsibilities in accordance with American Academy of Pediatrics policies. The accompanying digital tool offers instant access to authoritative answers on specific conditions and psychotropic medications.
- Conceptual framework for prescribing psychotropics
- Newly approved medications, changes in regulations and guidelines, and updates in the professional literature
- Disrupted sleep and the use of sleep aids
- Medications for specific diagnoses—ADHD, anxiety, and depression
- US Food and Drug Administration–approved antipsychotics and mood stabilizers and all other medications
- How to manage treatment impasses