Pharmacology: An Essential Textbook, 2nd Edition (Original PDF)
Pharmacology: An Essential Textbook, Second Edition by Mark Simmons covers pharmacology facts and concepts necessary for success in the classroom and on board examinations. The clear and concise text presents important, clinically relevant pharmacology knowledge and concepts students must master. The updated edition includes the addition of new drugs, a chapter on water and fatsoluble vitamins, a greater number of clinical questions, and a fresh design.
- Hundreds of full-color illustrations, beautiful infographics, and summary tables provide visual depictions of important concepts
- The succinct, bullet-point format focuses on must-master information
- Flow charts used to delineate drug effects make complex interactions between different cells and organs easier to comprehend
- Sidebars build on and integrate learning across the basic sciences and apply it to the clinical setting
- Nearly 200 board-style and factual self-testing questions with explanatory answers are ideal for exam practice
- An additional 200 questions and answers are available online at MedOne via the scratch-off code in the book
This is an invaluable resource for medical and nursing school pharmacology courses, pharmacy school students, other health professionals studying pharmacology, and advanced undergraduate courses in pharmacology or pharmaceutical sciences.
This book provides robust test prep for the USMLE® Step 1, COMLEX Level 1, NAPLEX, NCLEX and other licensing exams.