Psychotherapy: A Practical Introduction (ePub and converted pdf)
- Offers a straightforward entryway to learning the essentials of psychotherapeutic work, with synopses and basic instructions for all ACGME-required approaches to psychotherapy (supportive, cognitive-behavioral, and psychodynamic approaches) and a helpful comparison and discussion of what works across all therapies, as well as how to incorporate the patient’s broader system and cultural background into treatment.
- Includes an overview of assessment and case conceptualization that includes taking a useful history, articulating goals of the potential treatment, evaluation of the patient’s capacity to engage in talk-based treatment, and guidance on appropriate therapy selection.
- Contains a section on providing psychotherapy in different clinical settings, such as community mental health settings, inpatient psychiatric units, consultation-liaison medical settings, and emergency rooms and crisis centers.
- Discusses combining therapy with medication (from both the perspective of MDs and non-MDs partnering with a prescriber), as well as a final chapter that highlights how trainees can prepare to make the most of psychotherapy supervision.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.