The Early Childhood Coaching Handbook, 2nd edition 2019 Original PDF
How can you support both colleagues and families as they enhance their knowledge, develop new skills, and promote healthy development of young children? Coaching is the key—and the new edition of this bestselling guide is packed with even more practical tools to help early childhood professionals conduct skillful coaching at homes, schools, and communities.
Like the popular first edition, this book walks you step‐by‐step through the five characteristics of successful coaching practices: observation, action, reflection, feedback, and joint planning. You’ll learn about the essential qualities of effective coaches and discover how to adjust your coaching techniques to meet the specific needs of early childhood educators, parents, and caregivers. And you’ll get cutting‐edge new content inspired by user feedback, including updated research, the latest evidence‐based practices, and almost 80 pages of sample scripts and scenarios that help you support families of children with a wider variety of diagnoses. With this practical guide to proven coaching techniques, you’ll be ready to help both professionals and families support the learning and development of all young children.
- More scripts and scenarios that show what coaching looks and sounds like in the real world
- A Coaching Scenario Matrix to help you find relevant examples in seconds
- New chapter on coaching for early intervention service coordinators
- More guidance on coaching throughout the IFSP process
- New examples that address common coaching challenges
- Expanded guidance on the process of coaching coaches
- Answers to key questions from the authors’ popular training sessions
- Practical forms now available as fillable PDFs for download
- Updated research on the effectiveness of coaching