Vertebral Augmentation: The Comprehensive Guide to Vertebroplasty, Kyphoplasty, and Implant Augmentation (EPUB)
By Douglas P. Beall
The definitive guide to performing vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty, and implant augmentation from national and international experts
Vertebral compression fractures (VCFs) result from trauma or pathologic weakening of the bone and are associated with conditions such as osteoporosis or malignancy. Worldwide, VCFs impact one in three women and one in eight men aged 50 and older, with more than 8.9 million fractures incurred annually. Copublished by Thieme and the Society of Interventional Radiology, Vertebral Augmentation: The Comprehensive Guide to Vertebroplasty, Kyphoplasty, and Implant Augmentation provides a practical, clinical discussion of these minimally invasive spine interventions.
Written and edited by Douglas Beall along with associate editors Allan Brook, M. R. Chambers, Joshua Hirsch, Alexios Kelekis, Yong-Chul Kim, Scott Kreiner, and Kieran Murphy, this richly illustrated book presents a multidisciplinary and international perspective. It features contributions from renowned experts in interventional radiology, neurosurgery, pain medicine, and physiatry. This resource fills a gap in the literature, with extensive updates on a vast amount of new information and techniques that have been introduced during the past decade. Thirty-five chapters address treatment of spine fractures, starting with a history and introduction to vertebral augmentation, discussion of VCFs, patient assessments, physical exam findings, pain management, and much more.
- Procedural chapters cover vertebroplasty, sacroplasty, cervical and posterior arch augmentation, balloon kyphoplasty, and vertebral augmentation with implants and for challenging pathologies
- Special topics include radiation exposure and protection, post-procedure physical therapy, osteoporosis treatment, postural fatigue syndrome, the effect on morbidity and mortality, and cementoplasty outside the spine
- Treatment of complex cases are also discussed extensively, including chronic vertebral compression fractures, neoplastic vertebral compression fractures, instrumented spinal fusions, and severe benign and malignant fractures
- The final chapter features 16 subchapters from global masters of vertebral augmentation, with personal tips, tricks, and pearls they use in their own practices
This is a must-have resource for interventional radiology, neurosurgery, interventional pain management, and orthopaedic surgery residents and fellows, as well as seasoned clinicians who wish to incorporate these procedures into practice.
- Publisher : Thieme; 1st edition (March 10, 2020)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 300 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1684200156
- ISBN-13 : 978-1684200153